Welcome to Kappeler Institute!
The main purpose of the Kappeler Institute for the Science of Being is to give wider scope to the revolutionary research, writing, and teaching of Dr. Max Kappeler, Switzerland (1910–2002). Our mission is to publish, protect, and promote Max Kappeler’s works on the Science of Christian Science, and to assist interested students in their study.
Dr. Kappeler’s work represents a spiritually scientific approach to both the Bible and Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy. This subject has been termed “the Science of Christian Science,” “the Science of Being,” or simply “Science.”
This study appeals to the scientific thinker. Those seeking to understand the one Being through its divine cybernetic laws, orders, rules, system, structure and multi-dimensional workings—along with the transforming implications that such an understanding brings—will find these teachings among the most profound works of our present age.
Max Kappeler’s work is not associated with, nor endorsed by, any religious organization. The Kappeler Institute, USA, claims no exclusive rights to the terms “the Science of Christian Science” or “the Science of Being,” and does not present itself as an authority to endorse, control, or regulate the work in the subject of Science.
Available on the KI USA website:
All of Max Kappeler’s books and classes can be downloaded (for free) or purchased on this website. Look for these buttons:
- Click this button to read a book (pdf) or listen to a recorded class (mp3) for free!
- We suggest you first “save” Kappeler files to your computer before reading, listening, or transferring to a device. This allows for easy access later and full use of your computer/device’s software (for example, Adobe Reader can highlight text, search text, and take notes).
- For suggestions on how to save pdf and mp3 files, see see the “How to Download and Purchase” sections in About Books or About Classes pages.
- Clicking this button will take you into to a PayPal shopping cart, where you will see your selected purchases.
- Click Continue Shopping to be returned to the KI website.
- To return to PayPal, click the View Cart button (in right sidebar).
- If you prefer not to use online banking, you can order via phone, fax, email, or the Contact KI USA button (in header).
- Most recorded classes have written study materials. Click to open, then print or save to your computer/device.
NOTE: Kappeler’s book and recorded class files can be very large, so allow time for downloading, and make sure you have enough disk space available before saving.
Where do I begin?
- Click the Begin Your Study (tab at top of this page) if you are new to Kappeler’s work.
- Returning students can use the navigation buttons in the green header—ie: Books, Classes, Study Programs.
- To learn more about Kappeler Institute and Max Kappeler, click About KI (in header).
Contact KI USA if you ever have any questions. Our staff is always happy to assist you.
Get on our KI Mailing List!
Stay up-to-date! Email updates are sent out but can’t find it— to keep students informed. As per our Mailing List Policy, you can remove your name at any time, and your contact data is never shared with third parties. Explore our red Mailing List button (in right column, above).
We rely on your donations!
If you appreciate Kappeler’s work, please consider a donation of $5 to $10 per book, or $5 to $25 per class. Your support of KI USA will keep this website available to everyone! Explore donation options by clicking the red Donation button (in right column, above).
Problems with the KI website
If you have problems with our website, look first at our Problems and Troubleshooting page on the About KI dropdown.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, Contact KI USA.
An Introduction to the Science of Christian Science
1) Read Kappeler’s Introductory booklets
- Why Study Christian Science as a Science?
- The Christian Science Textbook: Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy—Our way of life and our teacher
- Stately Science Pauses Not (Mary Baker Eddy)
- Christian Science in the World of Today and Tomorrow
- What is the Science of Being?
- The Necessary Change of Standpoint
- The Seven Synonymous Terms for God Meet the World’s Need for a New System of Reference (Joel Jessen)
2) Browse our archived KI USA Newsletters
3) Listen to our introductory recordings (mp3)
- G-4, The Spiritual Challenge of Today (1 hr)
- G-5, The World’s Problems Today—and We? (1.5 hrs)
- M-27, The Lord’s Prayer: Considered according to the 7 synonyms for God interwoven with the 4-fold operation of Being (1 hr)
If you have trouble playing or downloading these recordings, see our suggestions on the About Classes page.
- From the Physical, Through the Mental, To the Spiritual: A Manual for Studying the Works of Max Kappeler (Joel Jessen, editor)
5) Listen to these recorded classes
- A-1, An Introduction to the Science of Christian Science (Max Kappeler, 18 hrs)
- J-6, The Science of Being—the emergence of a divine philosophy (Joel Jessen, 22 hrs)
- J-10, The Eight Ordered Steps to Finding our Oneness with Being (Joel Jessen, 10 hrs)
Once you have finished these introductory programs, feel free to browse our Catalog, or use the header menus: Books, Classes, and Study Programs.
If you would like assistance, please contact KI USA
A Note about Copyrights
KI USA wants students to share this website with family and friends. Toward that end, in addition to copyright “fair use”principles, KI USA has set forth a few “special permissions” for KI USA students.
For more information, see the Copyrights and Permission for Use sections of the KI USA Policies page.
Kappeler Institute for the Science of Being reserves all rights. If you have any questions, or would like to request permission, please Contact KI USA.
KI USA Resources
- Download or order a KI USA Catalog
- Print out a KI USA Order Form
- Add your name to the KI Mailing List
- Order an Introductory Packet
- Contact KI USA/Make a Comment
- Make a donation using our Donation page / Donation form (print)
- Find Libraries that have Kappeler’s books
- Find out about our Study Partners Program
- Copyrights and Permission for Use (on KI USA Policies page)
- Progressive Study Program (books and recordings)
- Study by Subject (books and recordings)
- Books only: by Title, by Subject, by Author, Audiobooks
- Recordings only: By Tapecode, by Subject, by Teacher, by Year
- Adobe Reader: pdf reader software
- John Doorly Trust website
- Find Practitioners: